Re: wanderlust is sooo slooowww...

>> If searching has become slow, that has most
>> probably nothing to do with Wanderlust, it's your server being overloaded.

> The server is barely loaded, much less overloaded.

Hmm.  It could be a server implementation with slow searches.  What's the
server implementation?

> Yes, downgrading used to fix the problem for all of the interim arch
> releases between the two cited.

Okay, that's interesting.  The IMAP code in Wanderlust has changed
significantly, and it may be using operations that are slow in your
server.

Could you please evaluate

  (setq elmo-imap4-debug t)

and perform one of the actions that used to be fast and are now slow?
Save the contents of the *IMAP-DEBUG* buffer, and send it to the list.
We'll need that in both Wanderlust versions, of course.

This will allow us to find out which IMAP operations need to be avoided
with your server, and perhaps work out a workaround.

-- Juliusz