Re: bbdb, encryption

Hello,

Michael Welle wrote:

> Hello,
>
> it has been a long time, I'm sorry for that.
>

> David Maus wrote:
> >
> > Hi Michael,
> >
> > I don't have many contacts that utilize GnuPG but for the ones I have
> > I simply let SEMI decide about the key to use based on the recipient's
> > mail address and make a deliberate decision whether to use encryption
> > or not.
> I think I found a problem with that. I try to send an encrypted mail
> to 'foo <foo@a.b>' and the mail gets encrypted with the key belonging
> to 'foo <bar@a.b>'. From above it looks like only the name is used for
> key selection. That would be wrong of course. Hmm.
now that I have removed some of my configuration it becomes even more
strange. I requested to encrypt a mail, then I got asked if I really
want to use the untrusted key. If I say no at that point, encryption
fails and the error message contains a key id that is totaly
unrelated. Any hints on that?

I can't remember having such problems before updating to Emacs 24.4.1,
but on the other hand, I don't use encryption that much. So there is a
chance that I just didn't notice this behaviour.

Regards
hmw

--
biff4emacsen - A biff-like tool for (X)Emacs
http://www.c0t0d0s0.de/biff4emacsen/biff4emacsen.html