Re: Change ‘AT <date> <USER> wrote:’

On Tue,  3 Feb 2015 at 01:34:15 PST,
Kazuhiro Ito <kzhr@d1.dion.ne.jp> wrote:

> By recent changes, citation header is very ugly on Japanese environment
> (like this message).
>
> I will expand your change for more customizable citation header.
>
>  1. If wl-default-draft-cite-date-format-string is nil, use parent
>  message's Date: field header as time-string (like previous behavior).
>
>  2. If wl-default-draft-cite-date-format-string is non-string and
>  non-nil, use Wanderlust's Date: field generating routine
>  (wl-make-date-string).
>
>  3. Citation header string is now customizable.
>  wl-default-draft-cite-header-format-string variable is available.
>
>  4. New variable wl-default-draft-cite-time-locale is available.  It
>  can specify locale for time-string.
>
> See the below patch.
>
> But I think default value of wl-default-draft-cite-date-format-string
> is still controversial.  XEmacs on Japanese environment may generate
> ugly citation header even when the patch is applied, because
> wl-default-draft-cite-time-locale has no effect on XEmacs.  I hope
> wl-default-draft-cite-date-format-string's default is set to t in
> addition to this patch.

Hi Kazuhiro,

This patch looks much better than mine. Thank you, and apologies for
making ugly text in Japanese.

1. It is strange that there is text in
`wl-default-draft-cite-header-format-string' (On …, … wrote:) and
`wl-default-draft-cite-date-format-string' (… at …). This is why I put
“On” in `wl-default-draft-cite-date-format-string' and did not allow
configuration of the overall cite header format. I thought that if
users want to customize that, they can write a function.

2. Typo in the docstring of `wl-default-draft-cite-time-locale' (ciation)

3. I am not sure I understand the purpose of
`wl-default-draft-cite-time-locale'. If a user wants to customize the
date string, they can customize
`wl-default-draft-cite-date-format-string'.

Perhaps it would be simplest to remove customization of
`wl-default-draft-cite-header-format-string' and set the default value
of `wl-default-draft-cite-date-format-string' to t as you suggest. So
headers would look like (by default):

  On Wed, 04 Feb 2015 18:40:08 -0800,