Re: Change ‘AT <date> <USER> wrote:’

Hi Kazuhiro,

On Sat,  7 Feb 2015 at 05:22:40 PST,
Kazuhiro Ito <kzhr@d1.dion.ne.jp> wrote:

> […]
>
> Possible choices would be
>   1. Keep "On " in wl-default-draft-cite-date-format-string
>
>     1-1. Add hard-coded "On " string for the case
>     wl-default-draft-cite-date-format-string is non-string (as above).
>
>     1-2. Add new variable cooresponding to "On ".  I think is is too
>     complex for customization.
>
>   2. Move "On " to wl-default-draft-cite-header-format-string.
>
> I choiced 2.  But I think we can assume citation header is English in
> the case wl-default-draft-cite-date-format-string is non-string.  So
> 1-1. is also possible.

I would be happy with 1-1 too. Users can always write a custom cite
function if they do not like the text. But I see why you choose 2 and
I don’t have any strong feelings about this. Thanks for the detailed
response.

> […]
>
> > 3. I am not sure I understand the purpose of
> > `wl-default-draft-cite-time-locale'. If a user wants to customize the
> > date string, they can customize
> > `wl-default-draft-cite-date-format-string'.
>
> When I send a message in English, it would be better that citation
> header also is in English.  But format-time-string can produce the day
> of week string in locale dependent way only.  So system-time-locale
> needs overriding to get English citation header with customized
> wl-default-draft-cite-date-format-string on Japanese environment.

OK, I see. Thank you.

Thanks for your response and for correcting my patch!

best, Erik

--
Sent from my free software system <http://fsf.org/>.