Re: Warning (elmo): Please set `wl-message-id-domain' to get valid Message-ID string.

On Thu, 05 Mar 2015 19:00:14 +0900, Kazuhiro Ito wrote:
> > > Please evaluate the below code on your computers after starting Wanderlust
> > > and confirm differences between your computers.
> > >
> > > (list wl-insert-message-id
> > >       wl-message-id-function
> > >       wl-message-id-use-message-from
> > >       wl-from)
> >
> > The first three are t, wl-draft-make-message-id-string, and t.  Only wl-from
> > differs on the two machines.
> >
> > I think perhaps the problem is that I tried to set up two mail accounts,
> > following the directions here: http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/WlMultipleAccounts.
>
> You also need to set wl-from's value normally for the case wl-from
> does not modified by wl-draft-config-exec or other functions.  Or,
> setting user-mail-address variable appropriately will also resolve
> your problem because wl-from's default is built from it and
> user-full-name function.

OK, thanks.  Though I had to set both wl-from and user-mail-address to make
the warning go away.

I can't say I understand what's going on with all these variables and why we
need so many of them.  And of course my original question is still open: why
did I get the warning on one machine but not on another, with the same WL
setup?

The EmacsWiki page is also misleading, since it seems to suggest that it's
enough to set wl-user-mail-address-list and you don't have to set wl-from
and user-mail-address to any value.

Cheers,
Greg