Re: Authentication and email

At 10:46 AM -0800 2/3/03, Eric Rescorla wrote:
Paul Hoffman / IMC <phoffman@imc.org> writes:

 At 9:33 AM -0800 1/31/03, Eric Rescorla wrote:
 >I'm not sure how you're drawing the distinction between providing
 >authentication for content and for senders.

 None of the headers are authenticated by S/MIME and PGP; only the body is.
So? Examining headers to determine who senders are is a bug,
not a feature.
Right. I was responding negatively to a proposal that wanted to use S/MIME or PGP to authenticate mail senders.

We seem to be in strong agreement here.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium