>From harald@alvestrand.no  Fri Mar  7 05:45:50 2003
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 11:45:44 +0100
From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
To: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <bwijnen@lucent.com>,
   Scott Bradner <sob@harvard.edu>, iesg@ietf.org
Subject: RE: draft-ietf-ppvpn-requirements-05.txt

--On torsdag, mars 06, 2003 16:34:10 +0100 "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)"
<bwijnen@lucent.com> wrote:

> Inline
>>
>> > RFC1777 is HISTORIC (as per RFC3494).
>>
>> can we fix that with an RFC ed note?
>>
> Sure. Propose one.

Here's a proposal.... better mention it to the authors first; it
occasionally happens that people WANT to refer to LDAPv2 (happened in
PKIX), but when that happens, it's usually a far more intimate reference; I
don't think these people care about the difference.

RFC Editor:

Please replace all references to RFC 1777 (LDAPv2) with a reference to RFC
3377 (LDAPv3).

There are two references of the form [RFC1777] in section 3.7 of the
document, and one reference in the references section.