Re: Please review: Financials presentation

Harald,

Comments.

Slide 1: ISOC went to a free individual member structure last year. Now they
only have corporate members. I was therefore confused when I saw this slide.
Suggest you might want to change this simply to "ISOC".

Slide 2: Putting periods (European) or commas (American) in at the thousands
might make these numbers more easily digestible in big screen format.

I also think there should be some connection between the first slide and the
second, so people know that the numbers on the second slide are just direct (not
ISOC-funded), but that could probably be part of the sound track.

Again on Slide 2, I'm having some trouble understanding this. There is an
itemized list of expenses, but none for revenue, yet the line item says "Net
Revenue". Net of what? Certainly not expenses since those numbers are given
below. It might be worthwhile having an itemized list of revenue (even if it is
only one item - meeting fees) then a "Gross Revenue", then Revenue Net of
Expenses. This would also help to emphasize that meeting fees are where IETF
gets its money for the Secretariat.

Slide 8: There is another option, ask ISOC for more money (sorry Lynn. :-) With
PIR, there should hopefully be more coming. Alternatively, we could make it
generic, ask for foundation grants. Also, ask for governement money, which we
have of course discussed.

            jak