Re: Comments on draft-iab-secmech-02.txt

[ definitely worthwhile discussion ]

> Is the IESG managing the community input, or is the IAB
> managing it, for IAB documents?

i would think that, from the iesg review point of view,
the iab is like a wg and the iesg->iab liaison is like
the responsible ad.

> (The right answer, IMO, is that we should get community
> input from any source we can, and I'm all for that.

my comment above is not meant to restrict other sources
of input to the iab in any way.

> But having Erik forward an anonymized review from a non-IESG
> reviewer as part of the IESG's opportunity to review an IAB
> document strikes me as getting close to square-dancing in a
> minefield...).

when i have a review body, and i forward a comment from that
body, i am taking personal responsibility for that comment.

randy