Re: FW: [Entmib] Minutes from SF (fwd)

>          Implementations MUST support Triple-DES.
>          Implementations SHOULD support AES.
>          Implementations MAY support any other algorithms as well.
>
> I would like to see two implementations of Triple-DES and AES.  The rest is
> too open ended.

Agreed.

But something that is more difficult is if the above example also
had statements that were conditional based on the MAY.
For example, if it also said "Implementations that support other algorithms
MUST <lots of text>" it would be harder to say whether the interoperability
report should be useful to determine whether the <lots of text> was good
enough to result in interoperable implementations.

I don't know if this has ever come up in practise.
If it does perhaps the <lots of text> should be in a separation, optional,
specification.

  Erik