Re: draft-ietf-msec-gdoi-07 versus 08 version

Hello RFC Editor,

I'm the author who generated -08. I've attached the differences between
-07 and -08 in hopes it is useful to you. This was generated by the UNIX
"diff" tool, but I hope the changes are apparent to you. I've tried to
summarize the format of the file below.

Lines beginning with a "!" indicate a changed line. Lines not beginning
with a "!" have not changed, but are helpful in finding the changed
lines.

There are two blocks of text between  "************" lines. The first
block is the original text from version -07. This is followed by the new
text in version -08.

Please feel free to call me or send email if you have more questions. If
you can't make sense of the attached differences file, I can send you
the changes in whatever way is most useful to you. My contact
information is at the bottom of this email.

Thanks,
Brian

--
Brian Weis
Strategic Cryptographic Development, ITD, Cisco Systems
Telephone: +1 408 526 4796
Email: bew@cisco.com
*** /tmp/d1.3295	Thu May  8 14:56:41 2003
--- /tmp/d2.3295	Thu May  8 14:56:41 2003
***************
*** 1,9 ****
     Internet Engineering Task Force                          Mark Baugher(Cisco)
     INTERNET-DRAFT                                    Thomas Hardjono (Verisign)
     Category: Standards Track                               Hugh Harney (Sparta)
!    Document: draft-ietf-msec-gdoi-07.txt                     Brian Weis (Cisco)
!    Expires: June, 2003
!                                                                  December, 2002
                      The Group Domain of Interpretation
  Status of this Memo
     This document is an Internet-Draft and is in full conformance with
--- 1,9 ----
     Internet Engineering Task Force                          Mark Baugher(Cisco)
     INTERNET-DRAFT                                    Thomas Hardjono (Verisign)
     Category: Standards Track                               Hugh Harney (Sparta)
!    Document: draft-ietf-msec-gdoi-08.txt                     Brian Weis (Cisco)
!    Expires: November, 2003
!                                                                       May, 2003
                      The Group Domain of Interpretation
  Status of this Memo
     This document is an Internet-Draft and is in full conformance with
***************
*** 142,149 ****
     The Phase 1 SA payload has a DOI value. That value MUST be the GDOI
     DOI value as defined later in this document.
  2.1.2 UDP port
!    GDOI MUST NOT run on port 500 (the port commonly used for IKE). A new
!    port number MUST be defined by IANA for GDOI.
  3.0 GROUPKEY-PULL Exchange
     The goal of the GROUPKEY-PULL exchange is to establish a Re-key
     and/or Data-security SAs at the member for a particular group. A
--- 142,149 ----
     The Phase 1 SA payload has a DOI value. That value MUST be the GDOI
     DOI value as defined later in this document.
  2.1.2 UDP port
!    GDOI MUST NOT run on port 500 (the port commonly used for IKE). IANA
!    has assigned port 848 for the use of GDOI.
  3.0 GROUPKEY-PULL Exchange
     The goal of the GROUPKEY-PULL exchange is to establish a Re-key
     and/or Data-security SAs at the member for a particular group. A
***************
*** 511,528 ****
                 Identification (ID)            5
                 Nonce (N)                     10
     Several new payload formats are required in the group security
!    exchanges. The Payload types for the new headers are defined in the
!    ISAKMP "Private USE" range.
                 Next Payload Type            Value
                 -----------------            -----
!                RESERVED                   128 - 129
!                SA KEK Payload (SAK)          130
!                SA TEK Payload (SAT)          131
!                Key Download (KD)             132
!                Sequence Number (SEQ)         133
!                Proof of Possession (POP)     134
!                RESERVED                   135 - 200
!                GDOI Private Use           201 - 255
  5.1 Identification Payload
     The Identification Payload is used to identify a group identity that
     will later be associated with Security Associations for the group. A
--- 511,524 ----
                 Identification (ID)            5
                 Nonce (N)                     10
     Several new payload formats are required in the group security
!    exchanges.
                 Next Payload Type            Value
                 -----------------            -----
!                SA KEK Payload (SAK)          15
!                SA TEK Payload (SAT)          16
!                Key Download (KD)             17
!                Sequence Number (SEQ)         18
!                Proof of Possession (POP)     19
  5.1 Identification Payload
     The Identification Payload is used to identify a group identity that
     will later be associated with Security Associations for the group. A
***************
*** 586,593 ****
         o RESERVED (1 octet) - Must be zero.
         o Payload Length (2 octets) is the octet length of the current
     payload including the generic header and all TEK and KEK payloads.
!        o DOI (4 octets) - Is the GDOI, which is value 196 pending
!    assignment by the IANA.
         o Situation (4 octets) - Must be zero.
         o SA Attribute Next Payload (1 octet) - Must be either a SAK
     Payload or a SAT Payload. See section 5.3.2 for a description of
--- 582,588 ----
         o RESERVED (1 octet) - Must be zero.
         o Payload Length (2 octets) is the octet length of the current
     payload including the generic header and all TEK and KEK payloads.
!        o DOI (4 octets) - Is the GDOI, which is value 2.
         o Situation (4 octets) - Must be zero.
         o SA Attribute Next Payload (1 octet) - Must be either a SAK
     Payload or a SAT Payload. See section 5.3.2 for a description of
***************
*** 1386,1412 ****
     new policy and TEKs.
  7.0 IANA Considerations
  7.1 ISAKMP DOI
!    A new ISAKMP DOI number needs to be assigned to GDOI. RFC 2407
!    indicates that the namespace for DOI values is in STD-2, although
!    that does not yet exist such as section there. The present document
!    is in accordance with the "Supported Security Protocols" section in
!    [RFC2408].
  7.2 Payload Types
!    New ISAKMP Next Payload types need to be allocated for GDOI payload
!    types. No ISAKMP registry for payload types currently exists, but the
!    Private Use payload type namespace can be further partitioned for the
!    GDOI DOI. See Section 5.0 for the payloads defined in this document.
  7.3 New Name spaces
     The present document describes many new name spaces for use in the
     GDOI payloads. Those may be found in subsections under Section 5.0. A
!    new GDOI registry should be created for these name spaces.
     Portions of name spaces marked "RESERVED" are reserved for IANA
     allocation. New values MUST be added due to a Standards Action as
     defined in [RFC2434].
     Portions of name spaces marked "Private Use" may be allocated by
     implementations for their own purposes.
  7.4 UDP Port
!    A new UDP port is required for GDOI.
  8.0 Acknowledgements
     The authors thank Ran Canetti, Cathy Meadows, Andrea Colegrove, and
     Lakshminath Dondeti.  Ran has advised the authors on secure group
--- 1381,1403 ----
     new policy and TEKs.
  7.0 IANA Considerations
  7.1 ISAKMP DOI
!    An ISAKMP DOI number is needed to identify an SA payload as a GDOI SA
!    payload. The IANA has assigned the value 2 to represent GDOI.
  7.2 Payload Types
!    The present document defines new ISAKMP Next Payload types. See
!    Section 5.0 for the payloads defined in this document, including the
!    Next Payload values defined by the IANA to identify these payloads.
  7.3 New Name spaces
     The present document describes many new name spaces for use in the
     GDOI payloads. Those may be found in subsections under Section 5.0. A
!    new GDOI registry has been created for these name spaces.
     Portions of name spaces marked "RESERVED" are reserved for IANA
     allocation. New values MUST be added due to a Standards Action as
     defined in [RFC2434].
     Portions of name spaces marked "Private Use" may be allocated by
     implementations for their own purposes.
  7.4 UDP Port
!    The IANA has assigned port 848 for use by GDOI.