Re: draft-ietf-ipv6-unicast-aggr-v2-02.txt

Randy,

At 04:03 PM 6/11/2003, Randy Bush wrote:
> I don't think the mention of interface id should be contentious for people
> as it is a basic part of IPv6 global unicast addresses and is implemented
> widely.

i know you don't.  others don't necessarily agree.
I think we call this a rough consensus.

but the point is that this is not needed here, as it is covered in
the appropriate document.
This text is there because during the working group mailing list discussion many people thought it was important to summarize RFC3177 and because this document is replacing and making RFC2374 historic. Specifically because RFC2374 defined the 001 prefix, the working concluded showing an example using that prefix was important in this document.

Bob