Re: Document Blocking (Was: I-D

At 09:47 PM 6/12/2003 +0900, Randy Bush wrote:
sheesh!  i can't type to keep up with you ietf politicians.
I'd find this insulting, if I didn't know that you are
a Zen master of IETF politics, yourself...

no matter what, the same questions and/or changes need to be
worked out with the same authors/wgs.  i.e., it really makes no
difference process-wise.  it's just a matter of notation and
remembering with whom to work.
It makes no different unless/until the authors/wgs disagree
that changes are required.  With a DISCUSS, the WG is
required to resolve the issue to the ADs satisfaction before
the document can progress (i.e. a DISCUSS is a blocking
action), a comment, like any last-call comment, is non-
blocking input that could be considered and rejected by the
authors/wgs...

Margaret