Re: status of hip

my view, based on reading the HIP drafts 2+ years ago....

applications need to be aware that they're using HIP in order to get any use out of HIP. It's not a TCP replacement.

so, applications that find HIP useful will use HIP. Application that do not, will not. Just like SCTP or DCCP.

And when it's clear that there will be applications that are intending to use it, the proponents may ask the IETF to standardize it, and the IETF needs to evaluate whether it should do so (and I'm quite close to saying "....and should say YES").

Harald