Re: Plenary Format - discussion notes

> On the other hand, I've also had the perception sometimes that the
> arrangement of the room causes a more confrontational atmosphere than
> is strictly necessary, where the IESG or IAB appear to be responding
> defensively rather than appearing to consider the comments raised.

Yes, exactly. That's the primary problem with the Ultima Cena configuration.
If there were some way to have the relevent AD at the front of the room
without fostering this kind of "us and them" look, it might be more helpful.

I don't think this is such an issue for IAB, since IAB doesn't have any real
authority over IETF. IAB primarily gives advice, and if someone has an issue
with the advice then it needs discussion, of course, but I think there are
other meeting formats where it could be accomplished equally as
productively. The only case I can recall when a similar sort of authority
issue came up for IAB is when someone was not invited to a workshop and they
thought they should have been.

            jak