RE: RFC 2895 to Draft Standard

The WG counsciously did not want to update the references.
The references themselves would not be too bad. But as soon as
you open this up, you also get to deal with new MIB
boiler-plate, new MIB security section... etc etc....
Did not seem worth the effort.

Hope this explains and is acceptable.
If not... it is very unfortunate that RFC-Editor did not speak
up during IETF Last Call. Nevertheless, if you see indeed a
real serious issue, I can discuss it again with the WG and
authors.

Bert