Re: Liaison handling (Re: IAB comments on draft-baker-liaisons-00.txt)

At 01:12 PM 8/28/2003 -0600, Stephen J Trowbridge wrote:
I think this is why Fred wanted that liaisons requiring a reply
be registered in the ID Tracker.

yes. I have no doubt that secretariat support would be useful. I just see no reason for it to be a burden - and in fact, even if a simplistic send-mail-to-the-secretariat model is employed, the secretariat will build tools to make the work manageable for them.

The reason for the automation is to minimize the manual load and maximize the probability of a useful result, not to exclude people from the loop.