Re: For your feedback: EDU team charter

At 09:12 AM 9/11/2003 -0700, Randy Bush wrote:
does the iesg review _team_ charters, whatever teams are?  i.e.,
this seems to create a new organizational structure.

Yes, it does.

if so,
perhaps this should be done with some deliberation, perhaps even
_open_ deliberation.

Yes. We held a BOF on this topic in Vienna, we discussed it at the IESG plenary in Vienna and we have had open mailing lists to discuss this for a few months. Is there further open deliberation that you think is needed?

> STRUCTURE:
>
> This effort is managed by a core education team, consisting of a
> leader and several members.  The leader is appointed by the General
> Area Director, and the members of the team are chosen by the leader,
> with the approval of the General Area Director.

is this a new form of participation restriction, rather similar
to design teams?

Yes.

> In order to allow for community visibility and input into our
> educational activities:
>
>     - The education team will maintain a web site.  The web site
>       will be accessible from the IETF web site, and will include:
>           > The members of the education team.
>           > A detailed action plan describing the plans and
>             schedule for education team activities.
>           > Minutes from all education team meetings.
>     - The archives of the education team mailing list will be publicly
>       available, and accessible from the web site.
>     - The education team will hold occasional open meetings at IETF
>       meetings (approximately one per year) to receive community input
>       and feedback.
>     - A public discussion mailing list will be maintained, for open
>       discussion of our internal education efforts.

all organizational stuff, but not one bit of actual educational
material.  dilbert strikes!

Yes. The "STRUCTURE" section of the charter is all about the organizational structure, and later sections talk about the actual educational programs. Do you think it would be better to change the order?

Margaret