Re: [xmppwg] Re: Last Call: 'XMPP Core' to Proposed Standard

On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 01:16:28PM -0700, Pete Resnick wrote:
> On 9/26/03 at 11:24 AM -0700, Ted Hardie wrote:
>
> >However, I am somewhat concerned about the working group consensus
> >for the xml:lang attribute rooted at the <stream/>. Following the
> >thread to which you have given a pointer, I see discussions among
> >Marshall, David White, and Ben Schumaker, but I'm not sure I see
> >consensus for this resolution. I've cc'ed the chairs on this message
> >so that they can comment on their sense of the consensus here and,
> >if they see a necessity, ask for consensus on the list for this
> >resolution.
>
> Actually, there was quite a bit of additional discussion of this
> topic, not only on the list in November, April, and May, but also at
> the Atlanta face-to-face meeting. (I can give you pointers to the 30
> or so messages if you need.) If you have the archive in some
> searchable form, just look for "xml:lang". I am convinced that the WG
> came to consensus on this point.

Consensus was reached regarding inclusion of the 'xml:lang' attribute on
the root stream, but not on the specific wording. I believe that this
email captures the consensus:

http://www.jabber.org/pipermail/xmppwg/2002-October/000211.html

This is a bit more specific than the text I included in my previous
mail, so I will revise that text (Section 4.2). In addition, I think
one sentence needs to be added to the existing text in Section 8.1.5
as well. I will post revised text for both sections as soon as possible.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
Jabber Software Foundation