Re: Fwd: NomCom Volunteer List

At 13:32 10/8/2003, Eric Rescorla wrote:
Michael StJohns <mstjohns@mindspring.com> writes:
> What I'm looking for is for this version to be approved NOW... the
> current nit picking on the nomcom list is neither productive nor
> likely to solve the current problem.  If there are problems, enter a
> new cycle of document review after this one is approved.  If its
> approved before the nomcom is empaneled the new rules should apply.

I see. I'm a little concerned about whether this is right
from a procedural perspective, but you've traditionally been
pretty careful about process issues so I'm willing to assume
that you've interpreted things correctly unless someone
else has an argument to the contrary?

Yeah - short answer is that this hasn't come up before and my interpretation is as reasonable as any other. Typically, RFCs become active upon publication. With respect to this one - if it were published after the nomcom were empaneled I would probably make the argument to apply the old process as opposed to starting over. As long as its published/approved before the nomcom is empaneled I would argue that any future actions should adhere to the new process.

*sigh*