Re: A request to publish draft-moskowitz-hip-arch-05.txt as an Informational RFC

At 02:30 PM 10/27/2003, Pekka Nikander wrote:

As it is very clearly stated in the HIP WG proposal, the purpose
of the WG is to complete work on HIP in order to allow wide scale
expermentation.  In order to succeed with this goal, there must be
a stable understanding on what HIP is.  Publishing the architecture
draft is an attempt to create such a starting point.

What I am fearing is an architectural battle within a working group.
We have seen such working groups -- they seem to take very long
without any concrete results.  I don't want the HIP WG to be such
a WG.

Hence, the motivation is to provide an exact but flexible enough
definition on what HIP is, for the purposes of the WG.

And I think this gives the ADs a strong framework for the workgroup. It would not be doing architecture or problem statements. It will be solution directed.