Re: A request to publish draft-moskowitz-hip-arch-05.txt as an Informational RFC

Robert,

RM>  We are not taking the protocol documents here, but only the
RM> architecture docurment, btw.

right.

RM> The work on the architecture is done, I would think.  The BOF is directed
RM> toward the implementation, i.e. the protocol and extensions.

Given that this is not yet a working group, we all need to be a bit careful
about making assumptions of stability, nevermind finality.

On the other hand, this document represents a long and serious effort by a
group and it is certain to be worth the historical snapshot, if nothing else.
And not a small point is that the request is for Informational, so we do not
have the ugly distraction of worrying about a standards label (yet)..

In my view, all of the above make concern for timing moot.  The authors want
it published.  They have asked for reviews, to make a stronger case for the
legitimacy of the docs.

Let's save our process challenging powder for the more serious debates about
choices.

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <dcrocker-at-brandenburg-dot-com>
 Brandenburg InternetWorking <www.brandenburg.com>