Re: Draft plenary agendas

Ted,

That was pretty much the conscious choice.  Many of the
alternatives involved devoting an entire evening (and night?)
to reform discussion.  It's not clear that would be productive,
it's not clear that would be cathartic, and I do believe there
remain some people in the IETF community who would like to
spend some open mic time on *other* topics (though I could
easily be proven wrong).

I believe the proposed agenda allows time for questions of
clarification, and the rest can be reasonably taken after a 24
hour chance to read documents and think.

Perhaps, though, we should split out the "open mic" section on
Thursday night to distinguish the "just evolution questions"
from the "just getting work done" questions?

Leslie.

hardie@qualcomm.com wrote:
I can live with this, but I am concerned that there is day
between the open mic nights and us talking about
AdvComm and the evolution stuff.

It may turn out to be a good thing (get people
a chance to at least glance at drafts they haven't read
and so on before commenting), but I kind of doubt it.
I'd much rather have the opportunity to clarify any
concerns right away, so I think we might be better off with question
sessions included in Wednesday or having the evolution
and open mics on the same night.

				regards,
					Ted

Here's what came out of Leslie's and my editing session.

How about this...?????

Wednesday PM - IETF Administration Plenary

- Introduction to the format and Agenda (Harald & Leslie) - 5 minutes

- Current Status overviews - 45 min

      - IETF Chair Welcome 10 Minutes
         (include meeting statistics, news, finances)

      - IESG Report       5 mins
         (include ptr to planning, Hain appeal, Glassey appeal)

      - IAB Chair        10 Minutes
         (include what-we've-done-lately -- VeriSign *card, Hain appeal)

- IRTF Chair 10 Minutes

- RFC Editor 5 Minutes

- IANA 5 Minutes

Optional slots open for Secretariat, ISOC and ICANN

      Suggested format - 3 - 4 slides of highlights and a
      pointer to further information as necessary / appropriate

- IETF evolution

- AdvComm report and discussion [30 min]

- PROBLEM and IESG's proposals for reform efforts [60 min]

Thursday PM - Plenary Presentations -- Open Minds, Open Mic

- Introduction - Harald

- Topical presentation - 30min

- Open architectural work session - 30min
 [Topic TBD]

- Opportunity for plenary comment (open mic) - 90min

	IESG - 60min
	IAB  - 30min