Re: Terminology [Re: Some Comments on ID/Loc Separation Proposals]

Brian E Carpenter wrote:

Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:

Brian;

In practical terms it matters very much. If the end point is
distributed,
multihoming it is a much more complex operation (assuming you want
sessions
to survive a multihoming event). Perhaps if you speak to some people
actually implementing virtualized server pools this would be clearer
to you.

This depends where we put the demarcation point. I think a place that puts multihoming functionality on one side, and host virtuality on the other would be a very good choice. In other words: this is something for the cluster software implementers to worry about.

Architecturally, I agree. The devil is in the details, i.e. avoiding the
need for the cluster software to contain even more outrageous hacks
than today to make the virtualization work.

Discontinue this thread. It is useless for any M6 purpose.

Masataka Ohta