Re: Extensibility of draft-ietf-radext-filter-rules

Hi David,

David B. Nelson wrote:
Hannes Tschofenig writes...

I have sent a few mails regarding the extensibility of
draft-ietf-radext-filter-rules

I have never received a response on how it should look like.

This is an open issue against that document and we need to resolve it here
on the list.  Will the authors please comment?

As I indicated in a previous mail we have guessed one approach in http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dime-qos-attributes-01.txt.
It uses grouped AVPs and is therefore not great for RADIUS.

Maybe.  Keep in mind that the Extended RADIUS attribute work is introducing
a method of accommodating grouped attributes (AVPs) in RADIUS.

Right. There is, however, a timing issue involved with the work and I am not sure when the corresponding work in RADIUS gets done. Do you have an estimate?

Ciao
Hannes