Re: [RRG] Ships in the night? RRG, RADIR & ist-RiNG

On 30 nov 2007, at 21:00, Robin Whittle wrote:

 The main activity seems to be a "Routing in Next Generation"
 workshop, for 13-14 December 2007.

    http://www.ist-ring.org/index.php?page=workshops/agenda_2007

 This will have presentations on LISP, SixOne, HRA and on the
 RRG meetings in Vancouver.  The website does not appear to
 show where the workshop is taking place.

In Madrid.

 It took me about 20 minutes of trawling through the ist-RiNG
 site to tentatively conclude that they don't have a publicly
 accessible mailing list - or perhaps any mailing list - and
 that they haven't produced any new ideas or technical documents.

Well, at the one of the first (if not THE first) RiNG meetings I presented the following: http://www.muada.com/drafts/draft-van-beijnum-idle-00.txt

But I suppose that doesn't count as RiNG work since I'm not a member but a "sponsor". This means that I don't get any of that tax money, but I also don't have to jump through all those administrative hoops.

Research is being done under the RiNG project flag. I assume this will become more visible at some point in the future.