Re: [RRG] Mobility in the future -- civil aviation mobility

On Dec 6, 2007, at 2:10 PM, Fleischman, Eric wrote:

I disagree with your final paragraph: VPN aggregations are definitely
still on the table within elements of our community. However, RRG may --
or may not -- choose to consider that issue as we see fit.

We're all quite familiar with the use of VPNs in many contexts, thanks. The initial post in this sub-thread seemed to imply that large numbers of aerially-mobile nodes would have their traffic aggregated together within some sort of tunnel, to wit:

>While considering these issues, I have formed the tentative opinion that
>unanticipated requirements such as VPN-hosted communications radically
>change mobility considerations.

I disagree with the statement that VPN-hosted communications are unanticipated, and I further disagree with the statement that they radically change mobility considerations for this WG. VPNs will be used in some instances, they won't be in others; irrespective of their use or non-use in any given circumstance, I don't believe there's any significance for this WG.

Roland Dobbins <rdobbins@cisco.com> // 408.527.6376 voice

	Culture eats strategy for breakfast.

           -- Ford Motor Company