Re: [RRG] Mobility in the future -- civil aviation mobility

Hi guys,

<co-chair>

Can we please get back to talking about routing architecture, please?

</co-chair>

Thanks,
Tony

On Dec 6, 2007, at 1:24 PM, Fleischman, Eric wrote:

The VPN requirement recommendation was for air-ground and air-air
communications of devices or systems that have safety importance to
aircraft.

I am not aware of a security or safety reason that would require VPNing passenger communications from aircraft. One may debatably want to do it
for non-security or non-safety reasons such as consistency or
performance (e.g., an ATM study has tentatively concluded that there are
performance reasons to use VPN).