Re: [RRG] Tunnel fragmentation/reassembly for RRG map-and-encaps architectures

On Jan 8, 2008, at 6:35 AM, Eliot Lear wrote:

We have a population limit, if nothing else.

The number of hosts on the net is only loosely coupled to the population. As we continue to make the 'net ubiquitous, there will continue to be more and more applications resulting in more addresses per person. Assuming linearity would be a mistake.

For an example, consider the applications that are emerging from sensor networks or the automotive industry.

Tony