Re: [RRG] Tunnel fragmentation/reassembly for RRG map-and-encaps architectures

Brian,

That really depends on whether you expect the ETRs to be deployed by
ISPs on behalf of SMB customers, or whether you expect the SMB customers
to buy them at the supermarket. Since it's the ISPs that will suffer
directly from BGP4 collapse, I think the economic incentive will
apply to the ISPs.

Well, *an* incentive is at work today: it is not economically feasible for consumers to be multihomed at L3. But that doesn't mean that ISPs have to be the center of the solution. LISP, for instance, can be implemented without the cooperation of a particular ISP, although I believe there ARE economic incentives for ISPs to implement LISP ITRs in the consumer space.

Eliot