Re: [RRG] Tunnel fragmentation/reassembly for RRG map-and-encaps architectures

On 2008-01-09 11:15, Tony Li wrote:

On Jan 8, 2008, at 1:52 PM, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

Well, we're here because of the concern that BGP4 updates will become
prohibitive as multihoming expands, aren't we?

Nope. We're here because routing convergence will continue to degrade as the number of prefixes scales. There are multiple reasons for the scaling issue, and BGP is irrelevant to the scaling problem, as the scaling of the information content is independent of the delivery mechanism.

That's undeniable. I guess I believe that an unsustainable level of
BGP update traffic will be the first practical consequence to hit us.

    Brian