Re: [RRG] Tunnel fragmentation/reassembly for RRG map-and-encaps architectures

Iljitisch,

The problem that I have is not so much with any particular prediction, but with the situation we'll find ourselves in if the predictions are wrong and our protocols are such that it's impossible to make the equipment scale to the needed numbers.

Unless market economics collapse entirely, I am less concerned about what is possible versus impossible. It's just a matter of price. And reduced price demands that one make certain engineering assumptions and at least optimize toward those choices.

This discussion about CEF perhaps should spur some research. What percentage of the world's networks would need to be cached AT THE EDGES today?

Eliot