Re: Granularity (was Re: [RRG] ALT + NERD is inelegant & inefficient, compared to APT or Ivip)

On 23 jan 2008, at 23:11, Brian Dickson wrote:

dual-homed
multi-homed (N>2)

I'd argue that the requirements of each differ, and there can be significant scaling benefits from splitting them out, and handling each separately.

I completely disagree. There is no reason to make the assumptions you make.

Also, in computer science school we learn to count like this: 0, 1, many. If a value is larger than 1, you don't get to hardcode it in your solution. Experience shows that if a value isn't 0 or 1, it can be anything so hardcoding it will bite you at some point.

(And it's not like we need more work by splitting the problem space in two and then solving both parts independently.)