Re: [RRG] Why delaying initial packets matters

Excerpts from Lars Eggert on Thu, Feb 14, 2008 05:29:22PM +0200:
> On 2008-2-14, at 14:55, ext Scott Brim wrote:
>> Have we seen any explicit example problems wrt transport performance
>> yet?
>
> I at least haven't seen any reports on this, but I don't know if that's
> because people have looked and not found any issues, or if that's because
> nobody is looking.
>
> (Again: I'm not claiming that there will be issues - I'm only saying that
> we need to verify whether there are or not. And I'm not concerned about any
> particular proposal either - we need to investigate the higher-layer impact
> for any proposal we decide to take forward.)

Sounds great, and now is a good time to do it, but I'm not a transport
layer guy.  How can we verify whether there will or will not be
issues?  That sounds rather hard :-).  Could you put up a specific
possible problem for us to discuss?