RE: [RRG] Comments on draft-lewis-lisp-interworking

Hi Dino,

|No, I disagree. It has to keep a single set of filters, and that is
|based on the source address leaving the site. That can be the 1)
|source host's address, 2) the ITR's RLOC addres, or 3) a translated
|address. In all cases, they are out of the attached provider block.

That would seem to be inconsistent.  As you've previously said, when
operating with a PTR, the source address coming out of the LISP site would
be a pure EID.  That is necessarily not part of the provider block.

|There is no choice here, we have to do this. And if we don't accept
|it, nothing will come close to getting deployed. So we have to try to
|make it work as simplest as we can.

No, this is also not true.  There is a clear alternative: tunnel from the
ITR back out to the PTR.

FWIW, I don't like that either, but we should consider the alternatives.

Tony