Re: [RRG] Logistics preferences...

On Aug 7, 2008, at 9:08 AM, Marshall Eubanks wrote:

On Aug 7, 2008, at 8:11 AM, Steven Blake wrote:

On Wed, 2008-08-06 at 22:46 -0700, Lixia Zhang wrote:

On Aug 5, 2008, at 6:18 PM, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

I prefer A by such a large margin that it isn't worth listing
the others.

but as others have pointed out:
- we did not have many people left after the afternoon break
 last Friday (could be partly due to the 3rd bullet).

If people knew further in advance that the meeting would run all-day
Friday, I believe that we might have higher attendance. I know at least
one person who would have planned to stay for the meeting if he had
known the schedule far enough in advance.

There is a basic question as to whether the hotel contract will allow us a room all day Friday. That could in principle be found out now for all meetings through Hiroshima.

That doesn't mean that the RRG _will_ be scheduled all day on Friday, but without it the RRG _cannot be_ (at least,
through the Secretariat).

The Secretariat reports that we have the meeting rooms until 5:00pm on Friday, November 21.

Regards
Marshall

I have made inquiries and will report back when I find out about Minneapolis. Whether people want to risk making travel plans on that partial knowledge will be up to them.

My opinion is that if the RRG wants to extend past the time of the normal IETF meeting it should make this a regular feature and get whatever approvals are required to do this routinely, so that there is no risk of the room not being available, and people can make travel arrangements accordingly.

Regards
Marshall

Regards,

// Steve