Re: [RRG] Consensus check: renumbering - missing dimension

On Aug 25, 2008, at 5:35 PM, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

My memory is that back when stateless auto-config was conceived,
the main target was the "dentist's office" scenario, i.e.
basic Appletalk-like zeroconf sites.

And IPX had it, often on a much larger scale (we had
thousands of hosts using it).

Unfortunately we still have one hole in this area: no way to
advertise a DNS server address in RA messages. See RFC 4339.

RFC 5006 now provides this, although I only know of one
implementation.

Cheers,

Dale
AS59 & AS2381