Re: how mobile do we want to be

Hi Thierry,

Another one is saying that "initially the WG will focus only on site
multihoming" but "will later investigate the impact on exisiting
protocols, particularly mobility related ones such as MIPv6, NEMO,
FMIPv6, HMIPv6".

I would actually be bit stronger than this and say that the intiial shim6 work should have a goal of being compatible with existing mobility solutions, such as MIP6 and NEMO. I think that we should take a similar goal regarding transport protocols, such as TCP, UDP and SCTP.

It might (or might not) be the subject of later work to optimize the interactions between shim6 and MIP6 and/or to develop new mobility solutions based on shim6.

Margaret