Re: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-v6ops-ent-scenarios-03.txt

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 02:02:39PM -0400, Margaret Wasserman wrote:

> I believe that this scenario is an interesting and important scenario
> to explore.  How will people who are running highly secure/mobile
> networks today transition to IPv6?

Margaret, I agree.  This should remain in the draft.

This example puts IPv6-only network infrastructure, with dual-stack nodes,
on the radar for the solution space, and that is important, whether it's
a military network or an Asian academic network.

I suspect there is some resistance because some people feel IPv6-only
infrastructure is too early to consider.  I would disagree.  For example,
the Chinese academic CERNET 2 network is IPv6-only, and is live now (but
I don't know whether the sites/universities are IPv6-only infrastructure,
but they're probably closer to doing it than any non-Asian academic sites).

We have to think global in the scoping and solution space.

Tim