Re: Feedback on proposed charter from the IESG

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005, EricLKlein wrote:
I prefer Tim's version as there are still too many open items that we need
to resolve and finalize to be put into "sleep mode." With the understanding
that every new item we take on is checked more carefully for the audience
and people willing to work on it.

As It appears to me, we need to be active or ended. Sleep mode is a sure way
to make sure nothing gets done.

Well.. there is a middle ground: charter certain work items *now* and specify that adding new work items requires rechartering.

That should be enough for the next year or so, though potential new items could not be adopted, without having to go to complete sleep.