VoIP peering & routing protocols (revisited)

Hello, I' m a PhD candidate interested in VoIP peering and new to this list.
I always thought that the main shortcoming of TRIP is lack of pricing information (resulting in poor selection criteria). If this is true, why providers don't employ H.323 based protocols (H.225.0 Annex G or H.501)?
I'd be thankful if you shared your thoughts with me.

Costas Kalogiros