Re: error while sending mail

[...]
> i'm still totally puzzled...
> first, i'm using the the following code to setup the information for the smtp
> server

> (setq wl-from "Sebastian Hofer <sebhofer@gmail.com>"
>         wl-local-domain "xxx"
>         wl-message-id-domain "xxx"

>         wl-smtp-connection-type 'starttls
>         wl-smtp-posting-port 587
>         wl-smtp-authenticate-type "plain"
>         wl-smtp-posting-user "xxx"
>         wl-smtp-posting-server "xxx")

> but i do not set the variables you provided above.
> second, if i do set them to the right values and then evaluate the second
> snippet of code than everything works. still, sending mail with the
> compose-mail command fails with the same error.

Ok, the recipe I posted last was useless for the use of starttls.
Could you try the next one?

1. Start Emacs and Wanderlust as usual.
2. Load wl-draft.elc:
   M-x load-library RET wl-draft RET
3. Load the attached file to override the function in question:
   M-x load-file RET
   /somewhere/wl-draft-send-mail-with-smtp-modified.el RET
4. Send a test mail using Wanderlust as usual.

I'm not good at the secure smtp but I believe someone will be
able to look into a backtrace on your problem.