Re: wl-icon-directory

At Sat, 13 Nov 2010 09:49:10 -0500,
Matt Price wrote:

>   On 10-11-13 09:14 AM, Masaru Nomiya wrote:
> > Have you installed icons in the "~/src/wanderlust/wl/etc/icons"
> > directory?
> >
> > To do so, you have to write in the Makefile
> >
> > [...]
> > # For XEmacs or Emacs 21: directory where icon files should go.
> > PIXMAPDIR = /home/foo/src/wanderlust/wl/etc/icons
> > [...]
> >
> I was hoping to avoid "make install", and was just running the
> uncompiled code from the git repository.  So
> "~/src/wanderlust/wl/etc/icons" is the directory containing the source
> pixmap images.  but do I need to make install?  I will if I have to but
> it makes me anxious...

Make install is not necessary.  I do run WL without make install and
setting the icon-folder works fine:

(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/site-lisp/wanderlust/elmo")
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/site-lisp/wanderlust/wl")
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/site-lisp/wanderlust/utils")
(setq wl-icon-directory "~/.emacs.d/site-lisp/wanderlust/etc/icons")

I noticed that the warning about wl-icon-directory occured right after
loaded wl-send-html-messages.el -- maybe there is something more in
this file that does than just the functions for sending html messages?

And AFAIK you don't need a newer version of APEL, SEMI, and FLIM but
using a local install works, too.

I have checkout out the repositories inside my .emacs.d directory and
can happily use WL at work under Windows by simply copying the entire
.emacs.d folder.

Best,
  -- David
--