Re: Help! wl is hanging when opening the inbox

At Fri, 03 Dec 2010 10:05:26 +0200,
Jonathan Groll wrote:

> On Fri, 03 Dec 2010 14:59:42 +0800, James Harkins <jamshark70@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Okay, I have a better idea how to manage this now. C-g did rescue me from a 100% CPU spasm a little bit ago. Then, the next IMAP access gave me the error that the IMAP process was not running. Hitting M-t twice took care of that.
> >
> > Like I said in an earlier e-mail, I like wl's handling of incremental fetching and caching so much that I'm willing to put up with a lot of quirks, especially if there are decent workarounds. Now I know a couple more tricks -- thanks!
>
> Also, for a permanent solution, consider offlineimap.

Just wanted to second this. Offlineimap has been a pretty good
solution for me and was much easier to setup than fetchmail or
getmail. I just started using it with supervisord as well so in the
few cases where it fails, it gets restarted automatically.

Eric