Re: Missing emails from Gmail

At Tue, 20 Mar 2012 11:22:44 +0100,
Ramon Diaz-Uriarte wrote:

> I do use gmail with wl and, as far as I can tell, I have never experienced
> this problem (and note that in my case C-h v wl-fcc RET gives me
> ".Gmail/SentNew").

Hi Ramon,

I believe you can reproduce the issue as follows:

1. Send an email. (IMAP & web inbox do not contain this sent message)

2. Receive a reply. (IMAP inbox now contains reply, while the web
inbox contains conversation with reply *and* the original message).

The gmail web interface pulls in previously archived messages to its
conversation view when there is a reply in the inbox. I think this is
the issue. It isn’t directly addressable: the gmail IMAP service does
not provide this feature.

best, Erik
Sent from my free software system <http://fsf.org/>.