Re: Missing emails from Gmail

On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 09:06:50 -0700,Erik Hetzner <egh@e6h.org> wrote:
> [1  <text/plain; UTF-8 (quoted-printable)>]
> At Tue, 20 Mar 2012 11:22:44 +0100,
> Ramon Diaz-Uriarte wrote:
> >
> > I do use gmail with wl and, as far as I can tell, I have never experienced
> > this problem (and note that in my case C-h v wl-fcc RET gives me
> > ".Gmail/SentNew").

> Hi Ramon,

> I believe you can reproduce the issue as follows:

> 1. Send an email. (IMAP & web inbox do not contain this sent message)

> 2. Receive a reply. (IMAP inbox now contains reply, while the web
> inbox contains conversation with reply *and* the original message).

> The gmail web interface pulls in previously archived messages to its
> conversation view when there is a reply in the inbox. I think this is
> the issue. It isn’t directly addressable: the gmail IMAP service does
> not provide this feature.

Hi Erik,

Yes, you are correct. Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought the OP was not
even seeing the replies in the INBOX.

Anyway, I just tried right now, and if I modify the setting of wl-fcc to
".Gmail/INBOX", then I do get my original message to show up also in the
INBOX in my IMAP (and, thus, wanderlust) inbox. Would this solve the
problem of the OP?

Best,

R.

--