Re: wl newbie, various questions

On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 21:44:46 +0100, Francesco Mazzoli <f@mazzo.li> wrote:

> > Lol!!! One thing that sure surprises me about Wanderlust is all the
> > top posting.  Being text based, I expected more adherence to "old
> > school" defacto standards....
>
> Well guess what, I'm not old school and nobody ever educated me on how
> to write emails :). If you have a link explaining the pros and cons
> I'd be glad to read it.

Quite well described in this wikipedia page:

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

Bottom-posting preserves the logical order of the replies and is
consistent with the Western reading direction from top to bottom. It's
even better and easier to read if you also remove non-important parts
of the original text (C-c C-d).

Cheers,
Jonathan
--