Re: WL displays only header ... no MIME buttons or content (was: Forward: Opinion Today: The Deafness Before the Storm)

At Sun, 07 Oct 2012 19:51:34 +0200,
David Maus wrote:

> At Sun, 23 Sep 2012 20:07:08 -0400,
> Peter Davis wrote:
> >
> > At Sun, 23 Sep 2012 20:00:05 -0400,
> > Peter Davis wrote:

> > > Well, I no sooner wrote my previous message then WL decided to let me
> > > view the thread after all. I think I just did 'p' and then 'n' to get
> > > back to the first message in the thread, and suddenly I could see the
> > > thread in the Summary window.
> >
> > Ok, I sent a reply to David's message a few minutes ago from Mutt, but
> > apparently that didn't go through. This one, which retracts the
> > complaint about the thread not expanding in WL, did.
> >
> > Anyway, David, I did examine mime-preview-condition. It looked like
> > reasonable code that would conditionally handle various MIME types and
> > subtypes, though I don't really know enough lisp to know much about
> > it.
> >

> It's a tree that is used to find the function that handles a
> particular MIME media type. Look for an entry for the type `text',
> e.g. here I have:
>
> ,----[ C-h v mime-preview-condition RET
> |  (text subtype
> |        (plain body
> | 	      (visible body-presentation-method
> | 		       (wl-mime-display-text/plain major-mode
> | 						   (wl-original-message-mode))))
> |        (html body
> | 	     (visible body-presentation-method
> | 		      (mime-w3m-preview-text/html)))
> |        (t body
> | 	  (visible body-presentation-method
> | 		   (mime-display-text/plain)))
> |        (richtext body
> | 		 (visible body-presentation-method
> | 			  (mime-display-text/richtext)))
> |        (enriched body
> | 		 (visible body-presentation-method
> | 			  (mime-display-text/enriched))))
> `----
>
> As you can see in my case SEMI will use `mime-w3m-preview-text/html'
> to present text/html entities.
>
> Is there an entry for text/html if the HTML entity is /not/
> rendered?

My code, at least for "text" type, looks like what you excerpted
above. I'm not sure what to look for if HTML is /not/ rendered. In any
case, I'd prefer to have the HTML, if present, rendered through w3m.

> C-M-x refers to Emacs' debugger, edbug
>
> http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/emacs-lisp-intro/html_node/edebug.html
>
> C-h f mime-w3m-preview-text/html RET
>
> to locate the function and then
>
> C-u C-M-x ;; Control and Meta and x at the same time
>
> to enable the debugger for this function. Next time this function is
> called the debugger takes control and lets you step through the
> function with SPC.

I'll try this when I have a chance to experiment. I'll report my
findings here.

Thank you!
-pd