Re: WL displays only header ... no MIME buttons or content (was: Forward: Opinion Today: The Deafness Before the Storm)

At Wed, 10 Oct 2012 17:15:25 -0400,
Peter Davis wrote:

> At Sun, 07 Oct 2012 19:51:34 +0200,
> David Maus wrote:
> >

> > It's a tree that is used to find the function that handles a
> > particular MIME media type. Look for an entry for the type `text',
> > e.g. here I have:
> >
> > ,----[ C-h v mime-preview-condition RET
> > |  (text subtype
> > |        (plain body
> > | 	      (visible body-presentation-method
> > | 		       (wl-mime-display-text/plain major-mode
> > | 						   (wl-original-message-mode))))
> > |        (html body
> > | 	     (visible body-presentation-method
> > | 		      (mime-w3m-preview-text/html)))
> > |        (t body
> > | 	  (visible body-presentation-method
> > | 		   (mime-display-text/plain)))
> > |        (richtext body
> > | 		 (visible body-presentation-method
> > | 			  (mime-display-text/richtext)))
> > |        (enriched body
> > | 		 (visible body-presentation-method
> > | 			  (mime-display-text/enriched))))
> > `----
> >
> > As you can see in my case SEMI will use `mime-w3m-preview-text/html'
> > to present text/html entities.
> >
> > Is there an entry for text/html if the HTML entity is /not/
> > rendered?
>
> My code, at least for "text" type, looks like what you excerpted
> above. I'm not sure what to look for if HTML is /not/ rendered. In any
> case, I'd prefer to have the HTML, if present, rendered through w3m.

What a look at this tree can tell you is whether or not there is a
registered display function for text/html. SEMI selects the rendering
based on this tree; in this case:

(html body (visible body-presentation-method (mime-w3m-preview-text/html)))

"For text/html the body is visible and rendered by
mime-w3m-preview-text/html."

Best,
  -- David
--