Re: SMTP port specification

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 12:06:36AM +0100, Herbert J. Skuhra wrote:

> The server supports plain and login, so
> (setq wl-smtp-authenticate-type "plain")
> and
> (setq wl-smtp-authenticate-type "login")

Herbert, this must try your patience even more than mine. I followed
your suggestions and this is what my .wl looks like:

  (setq
  wl-smtp-connection-type 'starttls
  wl-smtp-posting-user "brownh@historicalmaterialism.info"
  wl-smtp-posting-server "mail.historicalMaterialism.info"
  wl-local-domain "historicalMaterialism.info"
  wl-message-id-domain "HistoricalMaterialism.info"
  wl-smtp-posting-port 587
  wl-smtp-authenticate-type "plain"
  wl-smtp-authenticate-type "login"
  )

It produces the error:

   signal(wrong-type-argument (arrayp nil))
   call-interactively(wl-draft-send-and-exit nil nil)

I'm not sure that the missing options are for call-interactively. I am
certain of my UID, PW and Port for the SMTP mail server. At this end:

   $ dnsdomainname
   HistoricalMaterialism.info

Haines